Getting ready for 2009/2010

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Got a couple hours in on the splitter the other day.
A free collection of Yellow Birch, Ash, Red Oak, and a few others.
Gonna get those huge ash trunks bucked and busted on Sunday.

WB

Attachments

• woodstash_09_02.jpg
    woodstash_09_02.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 472
  • woodstash_09_01.jpg
    woodstash_09_01.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 448
Sweet pics WB. Always fun to get outside this time of year and break a sweat bustin' up some rounds.

Props to your diligence and dedication WB...makes me antsy to get out there but too much snow cover.

My stuff is all kinda snowed in. Guess Ill be waiting til thaw to split that maple and cherry. Already have a cord or two of red oak split and piled - not stacked - oh my. Hoping I have 5 or 6 cords ready by end of April. Still need to scrounge a bit soon to hit 7 cords for next year and move on to 2010/2011

Sock it to them Woodbutcher. Make sure you have a beer or two on hand for doing those butt logs.

We're working on 2016. It is supposed to thaw starting tomorrow so I'll be torn on should I cut more or start splitting. I'll probably cut though. May as well get more before the mud season.

All my 09/10 wood is split and much of it laid up in the shed. Got maybe 2+ cord under a couple feet of snow that I still need to lay up.

I'm starting to worry about my wood guy not coming through for me. Gave him my order for 12 cord last December and he still hasn't delivered. I need that for 10/11 & 11/12.

Backwoods Savage said:
Sock it to them Woodbutcher. Make sure you have a beer or two on hand for doing those butt logs.

We're working on 2016. It is supposed to thaw starting tomorrow so I'll be torn on should I cut more or start splitting. I'll probably cut though. May as well get more before the mud season.

Damm 2016 ! It's getting harder and harder to get our grapple loads on time.

WB

btw I got enough wood to last past 2012 the supposed 'end of times'...

....but despite all the doom and gloom predictions I'm still motivated to cut some more.

Mayan's....if they were so smart how come we're not all speaking Mayan?

WOODBUTCHER said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Damm 2016 ! It's getting harder and harder to get our grapple loads on time.

WB

Hey, since that last post, I've went back to finish cutting up that last ash I dropped and brought a small load up. Man, that pile is getting big. Lots of splitting to be done.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, since that last post, I've went back to finish cutting up that last ash I dropped and brought a small load up. Man, that pile is getting big. Lots of splitting to be done.

So, you are already 8 years ahead and you're going for more? I'm going to be ecstatic if I can get ready for 2010 this year!

Wendell, I'm not sure how much we'll end up with after the burning season is done. For sure some will be moved out but if I end up with a minimum of six year supply I'll be happy. It probably will be more though because I haven't even started on the soft maple that is already down. Still tons of ash to be cut too but it won't all get done this year for sure.

WOODBUTCHER said:
Got a couple hours in on the splitter the other day.
A free collection of Yellow Birch, Ash, Red Oak, and a few others.
Gonna get those huge ash trunks bucked and busted on Sunday.

WB

WB, How long are those splits???? That Jotul must eat some serious wood.
Al

My wood piles are snowed over. That and time has allowed me to barely get any splitting in yet. I might take a day or two off of work to get moving on the wood..

Status
Not open for further replies.