Getting ready for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
We decided to dice up the rest of the Pignut and Shagbark hickory at Flashman's house this past weekend.
We got to test out the new splitter (notice WoodButcher Jr giving us a hand at the controls) A new grapple load will be arriving shortly.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• DSC_6402.jpg
    DSC_6402.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC_6415.jpg
    DSC_6415.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 470
HA!!! who's that fat old bastard grabbing the wood he's splitting???? Oh wait, that's me..... :-(

just a little more to split before we can get 2 more trucks....cant wait!!!

How unfortunate to have to burn oak and hickory. %-P Nice piles, glad to see the kids having fun with dad too. Good stuff all around.

Sweet! Makes me a little jealous, I have many cords in full log lengths to cut and split in my back yard, and I can't even see them. Darn snow. Good to see junior ain't afraid of a little "work". So many kids today wouldn't even consider splitting wood unless made to.

Hey, why don't you put that splitter vertical? Saves a bunch of hard work.

y'know- I just got a hand operated splitter..........

WoodMann said:
y'know- I just got a hand operated splitter..........

I only splt with mine virtical if the rounds are to big to lift or it take twice as much time bu.t by the looks of those rounds I would do most of it with my ax wich is way faster. I only Use my splitter for the big rounds and the knoty ones if there strait graind the axe if faster.

whphel said:
I only Use my splitter for the big rounds and the knoty ones if there strait graind the axe if faster.

I'm finding it hard to figure out what alternate universe you live in, in which using a maul to split Hickory goes faster than using a splitter.... hehe

Is that you Mr. Bunyan???

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, why don't you put that splitter vertical? Saves a bunch of hard work.

I'll run it vertical if I'm doing really big pieces, but with stuff that size, I like the excercise of lifting it onto the rail...

Status
Not open for further replies.