getting ready for round #2....knotty pine ceiling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, in a couple months, you'll be stuffing your face with turkey and looking at all the work done.
Ahhhh.

I sure hope your right, Dave!! If not, I'll have a rolling pin sticking out the side of my head!!

Done with the insulation for the day yet?
My brother got some of the new non-itchy stuff for his garage recently. I helped a bit, and didn't notice a problem. Nice.
Just think, in a couple months, you'll be stuffing your face with turkey and looking at all the work done.
Ahhhh.

OK, papadave. We finally made more progress on the ceiling. I got both layers of insulation in the past weeks and a half, and got the vapor barrier up tonight along with a good start on the tongue and groove. Sadly, I'm going to be short on wood (never had that problem before!), so I'll have.to get some more on Saturday morning . Some more pics......

2012-10-07_16-45-03_51.jpg 2012-10-07_18-34-56_975.jpg 2012-10-07_18-35-21_694.jpg 2012-10-09_18-11-22_156.jpg 2012-10-10_14-37-55_612.jpg 2012-10-10_16-23-19_222.jpg 2012-10-10_18-37-48_398.jpg 2012-10-10_20-33-43_83.jpg 2012-10-10_20-33-48_233.jpg

Reactions: zap
Good work brother

I've been a framing contractor for 22 yrs and done a lot of GC work over the past 10 yrs and I feel your pain with it taking 6yrs.
I build everyone elses dream house and my house is the last one to get touched. I have projects half finished for years.
Like they say the shoemakers kids have no shoes.
Keep plugging away.

Reactions: Realstone and ScotO
Good work brother

I've been a framing contractor for 22 yrs and done a lot of GC work over the past 10 yrs and I feel your pain with it taking 6yrs.
I build everyone elses dream house and my house is the last one to get touched. I have projects half finished for years.
Like they say the shoemakers kids have no shoes.
Keep plugging away.
Thanks Mike! You're right, our stuff is always last to get done. Well I've been promising her this would get finished and I want to keep that promise, so I'm burning the midnight wood (I refuse to use oil!) and staying with it til I get it finished. I probably won't get all he trim and details done before Christmas, but it'll be close and at least useable by then.

I'll keep pics of the progress coming.

I probably won't get all he trim and details done before Christmas, but it'll be close and at least useable by then.
What happened to the turkey day deadline?:mad: hehehe
Man, nice job. I've seen a lot of rough construction, but you obviously care about what you're doing.

Sadly, I'm going to be short on wood (never had that problem before!)
You're getting older,....it happens.;lol I'm laughing WITH you, blah, blah, blah.:cool:
I was wondering when I'd see some pics, since you've been sidetracked so much recently.
I don't hate much, but insulation would have to rank right up there.

Reactions: Eatonpcat and ScotO
Scotty - that is looking dang sweet. I like the way you work and put in the extra effort. (from one overkill dude to the next :cool:). Do it well, do it once.

Reactions: ScotO
Thanks guys......the Thanksgiving deadline is still there. That's pretty much when we start our Christmas season on thanksgiving weekend. We decorate for Christmas waaaaay early, great memories for the kids that way, and by the time Christmas is.over were thoroughly tired.of the tree!

Sadly, I'm going to be short on wood (never had that problem before!), so I'll have.to get some more on Saturday morning . /quote]

Heh heh..... morning wood......heh heh

The ceiling looks great though! When u get done wanna come do mine. I screwed up and showed the wifey what your doing and now she expects me to wave ny magic wand

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Hey Scotty,
looking good, all projects here are shut down til after Halloween
thats our big holiday, turn the house into the Haunt on the Hill
will post pics as it progresses
made a bunch of pizzas last week, will post them soon also.

Reactions: ScotO and Eatonpcat
Hey Scotty,
looking good, all projects here are shut down til after Halloween
thats our big holiday, turn the house into the Haunt on the Hill
will post pics as it progresses
made a bunch of pizzas last week, will post them soon also.
glad to see you back, IP! Good to hear you fired some pizzas, I'd love to see pics of that AND the haunted house!

have not had a trick or treater in the last six years..........wonder why????
maybe the hearse with the corpse in the back
or Michael Myers roaming the woods
hitch hiking ghost possibly

You're looking at it all wrong. As long as it's not finished, she CAN'T kill you.
That's what's kept me alive the past 6 years, btuser...........kinda like a "stay of execution, if you will.....==c;)

We knew this project (huge addition and total remodel) would take 6 to 7 years, and we're right on par with that goal. With a full time job (and part-time tree removal work) I do the work when I can. Thanks to being sidetracked with hidden obstacles in our project and helping friends and relatives with THEIR projects (going up to my buddy's place this morning to do a woodstove/class A pipe install) and even burnout.....sometimes you have to walk away for a while, too.

I've been promising her that this would be done by Christmas....

Just haven't said which Christmas........;)

Reactions: Eatonpcat
spoken like a true contractor,
should be done by Christmas (2014) hehe
you could always start another small project to distract her.............

Reactions: Eatonpcat and ScotO
The biggest part of the ceiling is done, we'll be finishing up the rest of it tonight. Then I'll get a measurement on for the millwork pieces that will go in the peak of both ceilings tonight when we finish up, and order them for Saturday. Starting to look like something in there!!

2012-10-16_16-22-11_808.jpg

scott - that is looking real nice, that is a greast project. its coming out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.