Getting ready for winter 2012 - Castille not feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello dere, pellet poppers!

I'm coming into my fourth year with my Castille insert, and I'm no longer sure my heart is in it. The past two years, when I power it on for the first time, the exhaust blower needed a push to get started - worked okay for the rest of the season. This year, in addtion to that, pellets aren't getting pushed into the fire pot.

I had vacuumed out all the pellets as part of the final clean of the past season, and so I put a couple pounds into the hopper, spun the exhaust motor's wheel, and powered up the system. I waited for a minute, and then pressed reset and waited and did it again, knowing it takes a couple of turns to get the pellets through to the chute. Nothing.

I Googled and read the owner's manual. The manual is pretty lame for pictures, and I can't seem to find any pictures on the net.

Does anyone have some pictures that show the locations of all three snap disks?

Also, does anyone have a service manual that tells how to get the insert into a serviceable position? I don't want to wreck it by disassembling it blindly.

Thanks for your attention,

G00k

Status
Not open for further replies.