Getting ready

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oppirs

Sep 14, 2012
SE Illinois
Just wanted to say Hi! Got a Lopi Liberty + just bought a Russo #2 for $120 . 7 cords ready for this winter. Last winter was lame.

SSPX0145.jpgRusso1~1.JPGSSPX0113.jpg Got a pix of 2010 snows.

Welcome and congratulations. The Lopi Liberty is a serious heater. You should be nice and warm this winter.

Welcome to the forum oppirs. Sounds like you got an excellent buy on that one. May it serve you well. However, did you really have to remind us of the coming snow and cold?! ;lol

Reactions: oppirs
Welcome to the site.

Thanks all for the best wishes. After 10+ years with the Lopi and humming fine!

Russo will be mine concern ? This baby looks made for coal. I got too think coal maybe for this Stove?

Russo will be mine concern ? This baby looks made for coal. I got too think if coal maybe for this stove?
Some stuff came up on a Google search for "russo #2 wood/coal stove."

Some stuff came up on a Google search for "russo #2 wood/coal stove."

That's why I put this stove here! For a bit of help! What stuff? GOOD OR BAD?

Most I've seen is good by way of goggle, is it old by 1980 standards? If you have more INFO please add,,,,, Please add any or all info to my thread about Russo or Lopi Liberty's.

I really find it so helpful so may others!

Thanks Woody I didn't know about the first one! Did you own a Russo......:cool: Thx

From what I've gathtered, Russo makes good stoves. For coal operation and info go to the forums on www.nepacrossroads.com. There are good folks there that can tell you all you want to know about burning coal in this stove.

begreen... I did start a thread there too, asking about coal. I'm new to Bit or Ant, Bit cheaper by the ton.

Have used coal in the past and didn't even know how it worked but it did. Back to wood for the past 10 years. I only used coal in Ky for one winter.
My Lopi will always remain my first stove for heat... It has never failed

Status
Not open for further replies.