Getting Regency 2400 installed Thursday!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodenroad

Oct 8, 2008
Vancouver Island B.C.
Hi there, long time lurker on this forum, now that I'm finally going to own a woodstove I thought I would say hi.

my question.

Anyone out there have the 2400? likes/dislikes? Pretty much all we have on the island is Fir so I'm not expecting overnight burns but it would be nice.

Just thought I would say hi, and thanks everyone for all the good information provided here.

Dave

I think you will be pleased. We have had our 2400 for 2 full seasons now -going in to the third. Great stove -beautiful fire view! We opted for the pedestal with the ash drawer however we have never used the ash cleanout and drawer. I just shovel the ash in to a metal "coal hod" type bucket. I pulled all the firebricks out and cleaned the stove a few weeks ago and all was in very good condition after 2 full seasons of 24/ 7 use . Enjoy!!

Hi Dave,
I've got the same stove in the same location. Your expectation about burn time is correct. If I load things up just right and my timing is perfect, sometimes I'll have enough coals to get a fire going in the morning.

The only thing I don't like about the stove is it's not very tall (which is why I was able to put it into my fireplace) so sometimes it's difficult to stack it as full of wood as I like.

The stove puts out a lot of heat and it's about my favorite addition to my house. Enjoy.

Just had the 2400 put in a month ago, love it.

Have not turned on my furnace yet this season, (usually have it on by mid-Sept) so, I figure I've already saved about $200-300 dollars in furnace oil (burning wood I cut in my yard two years ago). The one minor complaint I have (see my post on here) is regarding the humming noise that comes from the damper when its set on low without the fan going.

Regency is by far my favorite stove manufacture. Not just for there stoves, but they have excellent marketing and tech support.

We are going into our 3rd season with the Regency I2400 insert. It was a good purchase, it works well and throws quite a bit of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.