GF55 Convection Blower not operating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaditto

Feb 26, 2013
I have a Greenfire GF55 that quit blowing out hot air(everything else appears to be operating after opening all the panels and doing a quick inspection). The Convection blower never turns on when the stove gets up to temperature. If all the connections are tight does anyone have any ideas as to what a possible fix could be? I am afraid I am looking into replacing it but I figured I would try you guys before going that far. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Check the snap disc that turns the convection fan system on it may be stuck open (sometimes this is also part of the proof of fire systems and if so the stove will shutdown). It is also possible on certain firing rates for the stove to high limit out and shut down due to lack of fuel.

This snap disc is normally open and closes once the temperature behind it is hot enough, it is also possible for ash to block it from getting to temperature in time to prevent a shut down.

or

If like a lot of people you haven't cleaned and lubed the blower motor according to the makers plate along with cleaning the blower it could be toasted or seized. In this case you may be able to revive it by giving a good cleaning and a couple of drops of the correct oil in each oil port along with working it in by hand spinning the blower (this lube and work in may have to be repeated several times to finally free things up).

Status
Not open for further replies.