ghost flow??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dougcarlo said:
What is ghost flow, how do you know you have it, and what are some effects of it, and how do you contain it? Thanks Doug

Ghost flow is when you get flow through a zone, boiler, or other section of your system that you didn't intend. It typically happens when you have more than one circulator and at least one circ is inactive. Typically, you'll get flow through the inactive circ. There are other possibilities as well.

Hooked up my wood boiler and fired it up, turned all the floors on plus took a shower and had plenty of hot water, then turned the floor off. The next day the house was about 82 f and I assumed it was due to the floor being heated and it would take some time to cool. Went to work the following day and my wife called asking if this was going to be the new temp. of the house? Started checking the lines and my circulator pump from the heat exchanger was back feeding through the floor, one swing check later life is good

Status
Not open for further replies.