giant moe glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haner57

Mar 7, 2012
eastern,ct
I just bought a giant moe was missing the glass like a few i have seen but i am looking to get it replaced but i cant seem to find any info about glass size. ive searched and searched nothing so i am hoping someone with a giant moe would be nice enough to measure their glass( length width and height) also if anyone has ordered replacement glass before any good websites they know? thanks

If it doesnt have an airwash for the glass and secondaries. I would get a local shop to cut a piece of steel plate to fill the hole. Install it with the flat fire rope or some other high heat method of sealing it up. Then use the stove like it's meant to be used and dont fret over what you see in the glass or what you dont see. Check out some of the baffle threads here and consider it. What you see from the chimney is much more important than what you see in the glass. If you want open fireviewing fix yourself a screen its nice to hear the fire when you see it. Mabe make a pallet in the floor some wine and well you know.

Oh yeah welcome. Its great to have you.

Tip: make a template out of a sheet of cardboard for a good fit. Then you can take that to a glass shop that sells stove ceramic glass. Another good source for stove glass is www.onedayglass.com. But check with your local glass shops first. They may carry Robax or NeoCeram.

Status
Not open for further replies.