Ginder vs finger (near the chimney)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
Just got out of the attic. I am going to go from zero insulation to r49 next week. I am putting up baffles around the chimney so I do not have insulation actually touching the brick. (there it is now somewhat woodstove related) So of course I am replacing the can lights with IC lights, and that involves using the angle grinding the old non IC pot lights out with an cut off blade. Cut off blade is too big for the grinder so off goes the guard.

I'm happily throwing sparks all over the attic when I take my fingers off the trigger and jam them into the cut off wheel. Lucky for me that blade was very very hot. So after it ground a one inch long 1/8 inch deep section of finger off, it cauterized it nicely.

Fun fun fun.

You know, they do make enclosure boxes for the can lights that are not IC.
Hope ya heal fast, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.