Giving thanks for...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriz

Just seems like the thing to do....What are you thankful for?

Today I'm just stopping for a minute to think of all the things that I really almost take for granted every day: (not necessarily in any order)

My loving, supportive, beautiful wife
Our incredible daughter
Our family and friends
Those who sacrificed and continue to sacrifice (some making the ultimate sacrifice) for our country
The new friends and knowledge I have gained here along with the ability to exchange opinions and ideas

Turkey and a good stiff drink...Gotta go...I'll check in later...

Happy Thanksgiving!

My loving, unsupportive wife (reef aquariums)
My daughter
My unborn baby,
The land i have, and the ability to cut down my own Christmas Tree (man that was a chore!!)
My job.
My family
To many other things to list.

There are just so many things to be thankful for today. Good health, going to have a nice dinner with friends, lots of wood on the pile. I really can't put my finger on the thing that I am most thankful for today.

Oh yeah. I've got it.

On this Thanksgiving Day 2006 I am most thankful that my new wood stove doesn't crap up the corners of the glass like a PE Summit!

:lol: Good one BB, thats funny :lol: >:-( :zip:

Gunner , Warren, others ..........Ready ?

EVERYBODY DOGPILE ON BrotherBart!

Thankful that the 3 1/2 year old Hearth.com server still plugs along, and all the cobbled together software still works!

Check this out - Here is how many requests to the database that have happened in the last 25 days!
Query statistics: Since its startup, 35,096,651 queries have been sent to the server

Wow......that, of course, is in addition to all the millions of other docs (regular web pages and graphics) the server is dishing out.

So, yeah, I'm thankful for Bill Joy (the guy who wrote UNIX).

I'm thankful Apple is over 90 and Google is over 500 (I own some of each).

I'm thankful that the History channel did a good job on the Desperate Voyage special I just watched (about the pilgrims).

And, come to think of it, I'm VERY thankful that our government has been purged of some criminals and other assorted wrongdoers (although much remains to be done....).

I'm thankful that Martha spent the entire day cleaning the house top to bottom, cooking and setting the table (we are having company Fri eve) - while all I did was spruce up a little screen display code on our stove ratings section.

And, I'm thankful for the great crew here who have shared their knowledge with others, so as to make life just a little bit safer and easier for all.

I'm thankfull that the next door neighbor does not have an OWB

Thankfull that I do not have Mo's woodman
thaknfull that my wood is dry
thankfull that I have a second key board for when the coffee and corn flakes spill on the original one
Thankfull know I won the cat debate and yes both cat stoves are the best
thankfull to have met some of our members
Thankfull that one more stove might be a bit safer
Thankfull that Spike and Sandor live a distance apart
Thankfull I have the most powerfull electric splitter
Thankfull for all the Sears Poulan saw given to me because their owners gave up on them
Thankfull that my huskey makes me money every day. But its not the huskey one thinks it is, my huskey is 22 oz hammer/
Most thankfull for my wife and familly

Special thanks for the web miester and his webwidow for providing this site And to all its participating members

I'm thankful for Elk, who joined the board within 24 hours of it's beginning and now has a LOT more posts than I do.

I'm thankful that most of his posts are not ash-can related, which makes them doubly valuable.

I'm really thankful that the sun is out today, the birds are everywhere and it is warm enough to take a walk and do outside work.

And, unlike HE-MAN Elk, I'm thankful for that little 16 oz. Plumb Hammer that I stole from Webwidow (it's easy on the arm).

And, unlike HE-MAN Elk, I’m thankful for that little 16 oz. Plumb Hammer that I stole from Webwidow (it’s easy on the arm).

Pretty hard to drive a spike with a tack hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.