Giving Up Napoleon Gas Insert and Buying Mendota FV44i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldadmark

Dec 15, 2012
We gave our pellet stove to our son and invested in a propane Napoleon Gas Insert (XIR4). It was supposed to be their top of the line insert. What a mistake! This stove had so many issues that the manufacturer sent a regional trouble shooter here from Canada to find out why the problems couldn't be resolved. When he couldn't resolve the issues he brought a 2nd stove in and that one had similar problems. No more Napoleon. We're now researching a Mendota FV44i which is supposed to be one of the best!

Any comments on the Mendota?

Mendota makes excellent inserts. I am sure you will be happy with it. Mendota is also a excellent company to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.