1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Giving Up Napoleon Gas Insert and Buying Mendota FV44i

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by oldadmark, Dec 15, 2012.

1. oldadmark

oldadmark New Member

We gave our pellet stove to our son and invested in a propane Napoleon Gas Insert (XIR4). It was supposed to be their top of the line insert. What a mistake! This stove had so many issues that the manufacturer sent a regional trouble shooter here from Canada to find out why the problems couldn't be resolved. When he couldn't resolve the issues he brought a 2nd stove in and that one had similar problems. No more Napoleon. We're now researching a Mendota FV44i which is supposed to be one of the best!

Any comments on the Mendota?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74 Member

Loc:
    The Great Pacific North Wet
    The 44i Mendota is the best out there. Great flame, great heat and a lot of awesome features. Great unit.

Brad
  3. John Gabel

John Gabel New Member

I just had an Mendota FV33i installed. So far I am impressed by its function and looks.
  4. papa bears stove

papa bears stove Member

Loc:
    Marathon, NY
    Mendota makes excellent inserts. I am sure you will be happy with it. Mendota is also a excellent company to work with.
  5. Jane02556

Jane02556 New Member

Loc:
    Cape cod
    This is great news, we just ordered this exact unit.