Glacial Bay - Keep from throwing it away? Broke - No Parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
This toilet is less than 2 years old from Home Depot and the flush lever completely rotted off and the chain fell to the bottom of the tanks!
Has anyone else had this problem???
The man at Home Depot said they do not make parts for it and the inspectors in Mass will not pass them in a new bath build because of that!!!
So he suggested to buy the Everbuilt replacement lever and bend the shaft or get a new toilet!!!

So I bent the shaft and it works! It may even last longer!
See pics below
Pic 1 - rotted flush lever chain fell to bottom of tank.
Pic 2 - old broken lever
Pic 3 - new Everbuilt replacement flush lever
Pic 4 - Bending the new lever vet carefully!!
Pic 5 - Same shape as the old lever and it works!

Attachments

• IMG_8351.JPG
    IMG_8351.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_8352.JPG
    IMG_8352.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8353.JPG
    IMG_8353.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_8354.JPG
    IMG_8354.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8355.JPG
    IMG_8355.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 152
Nice! I wonder what a plumber would charge for that - probably a couple of hundred bucks, with time and travel.

Check google, seems to be all sorts of parts available. I did a very quick look.

bob

Is it possible you can't find parts because the manufacturer is actually "Glacier Bay"?
Thanks for sharing your work-around.

Status
Not open for further replies.