Glacier Bay cf181 info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blktegra

Mar 22, 2015
NJ
Hello, I found this forum while searching for info on a 1981 glacier bay cf181 insert. I am an active member on many forums due to my motorsport interest, so understand I have done many hours of searching before I joined and created this post.

I acquired for free, this very very clean almost brand new looking insert. My plan was to create a base for it and use it as a freestanding stove in my approx. 1600 sq ft garage. I have found some pictures on this forum of similar looking stoves, but none the same as mine. It has a glass front door which seems to be the main difference and does not appear to have ever had a blower installed, just intake grates on the side to circulate air around the hot firebox. I am missing the shaker handle, and coal banking bar. This does not concern me cause my plan was to burn wood. My concern for burning wood is that I have no option for air intake adjustment on the upper door, only the one on the bottom door by the ash tray. Does this stove burn wood well, or was made more for coal?

Status
Not open for further replies.