Glacier Bay Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMIK

Mar 14, 2007
I have a Glacier Bay woodburning fireplace insert with dual fans to blow out the heat.Installed it around 21 years ago. Is this company still in existence because I need a new fan?

Tony in N.J.

Tony its long gone. What you need to do is pull one of the fans and get the info off of it and try to match it at Grainger

grew up with one - and my father still burns it - they were great stoves for the time and still perform pretty well.

sailor61 said:
grew up with one - and my father still burns it - they were great stoves for the time and still perform pretty well.

As did I, my father installed it after a big ice storm in 1978 that had us without power for a while (on Long Island).

Unfortunately they recently sold the house, so I don't have access to it anymore to help with particulars like replacement fans.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.