Glacier Bay Wood Stove repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ETurn

May 11, 2010
SE Michigan
I am restoring a 1981 Glacier Bay wood/coal burner model: MWC serial # 089.
When I took the back off I found the blower housing in pieces. Someone had tried to work on it and destroyed it beyond repair.
I would also like to convert the 110V blower motor to 12V.
Would anyone be kind enough to point me toward someplace to get parts or some advice.
I'm having trouble finding anything on Glacier Bay Wood Stoves on the internet.
Thank you,
Ed

Greetings Ed, welcome aboard. I know very little about the stove. If you can post some pictures, though, there may be a few things we can suggest. If you don't mind a remote fan, perhaps you could have a simple steel box fabricated to replace the current blower assembly. It would need an inlet port for the remote fan (truck, car or RV blower) and an outlet port that aligns with the current blower outlet. That way you could possibly hook up a ducted heater blower for a truck or car.

For more info on the stove you might also want to check with the coal burning forum www.nepacrossroads.com .

If I remember right, glacier bays are a kinda fisher knockoff thing with cast doors/steel firebox. if the blower and mount are messed up, it should be no problem to fab something up. Doubt you will find any parts for it, as the co is long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.