Glad I went. Cold rainy Sunday afternoon scrounge.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodpileOCD

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
There was a CL listing for free firewood on Sat. so I called and left a message but didn't get any call back. Sunday afternoon it was about 39 and rainy here and the house was nice and toasty. Sat down at the puter for a little bit and saw the ad again so decided to try another time. The owner said come on over and get it, no one had been there yet. Since it was close, I decided that a little scrounging adventure was better than pokin around the hearth here and got in the truck. Got to admit I had second thoughts when it started pouring about halfway over there but it let up.

Here is the result. Total of 1 gal of diesel and a little less than 2 hours door to door and I'm back home with probably 1/3 cord of ash which you all so unanimously confirmed for me here https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91310/ and fossil wisely closed after it was confirmed. :cheese:

It's the pile in the background of the first picture here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91466/

Anyway, glad I got up off my duff and went out to get it. I love Craigs List.

Attachments

• ash truckload-2.jpg
    ash truckload-2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 401
  • ash truckload.jpg
    ash truckload.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 410
hey pile- nice find!! you'll like the burn you get from ash- one of my faves! good for you on getting up from the warm fire and chasin it down! art

That's a real nice load there......much better than peckin away at the puter. Nice truck too. Us folk up north really envy those southern vehicles.

Locust Post said:
That's a real nice load there......much better than peckin away at the puter. Nice truck too. Us folk up north really envy those southern vehicles.

Thanks, it has been a workhorse for a bunch of years now. 215,000 miles

What do you mean about 'southern vehicles'? Not rusted out from winter road salt?

WoodpileOCD said:
Locust Post said:

What do you mean about 'southern vehicles'? Not rusted out from winter road salt?

Well done. Well worth leaving the computer!

You can see through most vehicles up here that have 215,000 miles on them and/or that one's age.

pen

pen said:
WoodpileOCD said:
Locust Post said:

Well done. Well worth leaving the computer!

You can see through most vehicles up here that have 215,000 miles on them and/or that one's age.

pen

That's exactly what I meant. Most trucks like that up here you could throw a good sized spilt out through the bedside.

Status
Not open for further replies.