Glass gasket missing *now with a new problem*

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warmncozy

Nov 3, 2009
Southern NH
I noticed that the glass gasket on my Lennox Traditions was hanging out so I bought a new one. The only problem is that when I removed the glass I noticed there was no gasket on the top of the glass. I put the new one all the way around, but then I got thinking about it.....maybe it suppose to be that way......anyone?

Thanks

The no gasket is for air wash, if you don't mind dirty windows, leave it.

Thanks I'm going to leave it for now. The only problem is that now I'm getting a loud vibrating sound when the stove is on high. Almost sounds like there's a subwoofer under my stove. I turned down the feed rate and it went away, but I've got to find out what's causing it. Maybe when I have it running again I'll try closing the damper a little.

I have to say....it's never burned this ferociously. Super hot in a couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.