Glass of pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegg53

Oct 7, 2009
Maine
Hello can anyone help me my pellet stove glass has a u shape that will not come off the glass looks like its burnt any suggestions on how to clean have tried a few things nothing please help looks like crap

A wet newspaper dipped in ashes works real well for removing stubborn deposits on the glass. Follow up with a dry newspaper for the final cleaning.

Dave

A wet newspaper dipped in ashes works real well for removing stubborn deposits on the glass. Follow up with a dry newspaper for the final cleaning.

X2

Do you lay the wet newpaper dipped ashes on top of the glass and let it sit for a bit or do you just scrub the glass with the wet news paper dipped in ash?

ash is messy to clean with....chance you'll get ash all over the hearth pad. use ceramic stove top cleaner.

Hello can anyone help me my pellet stove glass has a u shape that will not come off the glass looks like its burnt any suggestions on how to clean have tried a few things nothing please help looks like crap

Another vote for ceramic stove top cleaner.

I vote for cermamic stove top cleaner too, but I was at least curious about the newspaper. I used to sell a product called white off for woodstove glass that was very effective. I would think ceramic stove top cleaner and white off are similar products. When I would use it I would take the glass off lay it flat on the ground, cover the glass with the cleaner and let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes until it got flakey, then I would wipe it off with news paper. Do your best to avoid getting the gasket wet. Most gasket does not do well with any kind of moisture and of course do this when the glass is cool like mentioned above.

Spray some Dawn Power Dissolver on a paper towel and wipe it off. Keep it off the gasket. Get it at the grocery store where the dish detergent is. It's in a smaller blue spray bottle, not a transparent squeeze bottle like the dish stuff.

If I remember correctly, ceramic glass cleaner is calcium carbonate-marble dust . Probably TMI. I used same with a power mouse with a sponge pad and it wiped out a impossible smoke stain in no time.

Not sure if it'll work for your stain, but I've always used white vinegar and paper towels. All build up comes right off for me, it seems to just dissolve. It doesn't sound heavy duty but it's cheap and very effective(and probably already in your pantry).

Mr. clean Magic Eraser

I have a couple questions? ?

What model stove are we dealing with? And what color is this "Stain"? Is it white (light) or black (dark) in color?

What were you using to clean the glass before? Anything with ammonia?

Status
Not open for further replies.