Glass Question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Feeling the Heat
Need some info. Have a rather new stove,,about three months, which I have figured out and it is burning fantastic with no complaints. Today, when I went to look at the stove temp, I noticed a flame from a log was attached to the glass door. It kinda looked like an electric bolt, if ya know what I'm saying. So I opened the door and moved the log a bit and it went away. But I did notice a large black circle, which looks like a burn that remained on the door. I didnt try to wipe it off or anything cause the stove is to hot. Anyone ever come across this before?? I will try to clean it up tomorrow mornin when the stove cools down. Just worried the glass may have been compromised. If it has, hopefully it will be a warranty issue, but I'm not sure...thanx as always...Joey

You'll be fine, I have the problem more often then I care to. I have a small fire box so getting flames against the glass and the wood rolling into the glass happens. It used to scare the $h!t out of me but not so much. I have been Very impressed with the air wash it usually gets rid of the black spots.

The first time was the first month I got the stove. A burning piece of wood rolled against the glass and got quite black. I thought I ruined it already but it was too cold in the house to let it cool down to clean, by the next fire it was gone. I read plenty about it, still don't understand it but burn it hot and it should be gone.

Thanx for the response. It just was the first time it happened to me, I guess not the last. My glass is always clean from burnin nice and hot. The stove has been workin fantastic. Just hope I dont have a big black spot on my glass that I can't clean...I will try and clean it tomorrow. Guess I should be prepared for more incidents like this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.