glass retention clips for wood stove door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robburrill

Feb 21, 2011
Southern NH
Hello All. I have an old custom made fireplace insert with 2 glass panels in the front doors. The glass and gaskets are held in place by 4 steel "clips" about 1 1/4 inch long by 5/16 inches wide. There's a 3/8 hole drilled in one end with cuts at top and bottom to allow the clip to expand over the posts on the inside of the doors. I thought these would be easy to find but I've been to 3 local wood stove shops and have had no luck. As its a custom stove there's no manufacturer info I can use to source these parts. I've been on many web sites and can't find them. Any help iis greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

If you go to some of the big stove makers with online parts you might be able to find a suitable substitute. Try Englander and US Stoves websites and search for clips in their parts section. Or you could fab up your own with a little sheet of stainless and some snips.

Locate a local sheet metal shop that does fabrications. They can probably bend some out easily for you. There is one locally here that makes all sorts of custom metal items. They made my heat shield for my mantel. Post an ad on craigslist, there has to be a local tin guy that can help you out. Sometimes tech-school metal shops do projects for the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.