Glenwood Stoves Model 1250

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dayurga

Nov 2, 2010
Easter PA
Can anyone provide me with some information on a Glenwood Stoves Boiler, Model 1250. I purchased a house and the primary source of heating is the wood boiler, located in the basement. I am having two problems, the worst is when I open the door to fill the fire, I get smoke in the house, no matter where I position the damper. the second problem is that I do not believe there is any way to regulate the temperature in the house other than controling the fire. When I used the automatic dampers and circulator, the stove overheats. I am really looking for any literature available on the stove, but can't seem to find anything online. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I certainly do not want to have to rely on my electric heat this winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.