Glo-Fire 301 small stove outlet 4.5 inches

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unit156

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2009
Salt Lake City
Hi! I'm new here and I can't wait to start heating my little cabin with my wood burning stove. I have a Glo-fire 301 I need to install. Its very small and the outlet has a collar that is about 4.5 inches in diameter. The smallest stove pipes I can only find reference to are 5 inch diameter. Can anyone point me in the right direction for an adapter for my outlet? Any and all other advice for installing a small wood burning stove in a small cabin (14x14) would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the link. The product offered on the link is a 125mm to 6inch adapter. 125mm = 4.92 inches. The collar on my stove is about 4.5 inches diameter. That's nearly .5 inches difference. Is the adapter supposed to fit inside, or over the collar on my stove? How do I secure it tightly?

Thanks!

Necked down or crimped side goes down so creosote will drip down into the stove and not cause a fire hazard.

Matt

The Jotul 602 flue collar OD is about 4.75" and may taper slightly wider at the stove. The 125mm adapter collar slips around the stove's flue collar and is held in place with screws. It's a fairly snug fit, but I cement it on the inside of the collar.

Not sure if the Glo-fire is using a non standard size or not. Is the 4.5" ID or OD?

Hi there, I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my post. Thanks to your advice and instructions, my stove is now installed and works perfectly! I am so excited to be able to use my cabin in cold of winter.

I'm going to have to toot my horn a little and share what it cost me. I paid $75 for the stove via local classifieds, and around $1000 for install (including all parts/labor/travel) by a local fireplace professional. This is a remote cabin with no electricity, so he had to custom make an adapter based on the collar I detached and brought to him, travel to the site with tools and generator, install everything, and then burn it in.

I have tested it out over night a couple of times now am just tickled by how warm and cozy I was, and wanted to share the good news. I think I got a good deal based on the fact that a brand new base model stove of that size was going to cost $1600 without installation! Thanks all!

Attachments

• Cabin Dec 2010 015_small.jpg
    Cabin Dec 2010 015_small.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,360
Status
Not open for further replies.