Gloves and Rugs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Indeed that's what they truly ARE, eh? "Retardant" or "Resistant".....but not "Fire Proof" right? Same with the gloves we buy and use.

I'm curious if anyone has any stories about unfortunate fires or burns from assuming that these rugs-n-gloves are "fire proof" when indeed I would suspect the manufacturers will tell you they are only "retardant" or "resistant."

-Soupy1957

I use a pair of welding gloves...

“Retardant” or “Resistant”

...and sacrificial.

I got a pair of these a couple weeks ago. I love em. I can pick up a burning split and move it. You don't want to hold on to it for very long though. And the best part is the hair on my fingers is growing back!

http://www.edarley.com/finditem/8943

North of 60: Thanks for that........I needed a good laugh to start my day today!! (chuckling as I type this)

-Soupy1957

It puzzles me why peoples gloves don't last them as mine came free with my stove and I have used them 22 yrs. and they are still in good shape.. Do you people handle burning wood with them? The only thing I use them for is to tend the stove are you guys doing other things with them?

Ray

Lanning: thanks for that......I'll order a pair when mine wear out!!

-Soupy1957

P.S.: The website looks pretty cool, as well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.