Gloves for handling wood/splitting/stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendell hit the nail on the head: Atlas Fit--light, airy, and bulletproof. There's not much I do without them now.

The End 2.

S

I also like the wells lamont gloves for splitting and stacking but for saw use I get the padded palm gloves. The padded ones have greatly reduced the effects of carpel tunnel and while expensive the price is well worth it.

I use those disposable yellow gloves you get at TSC in a 10 pk for wood processing. And good leather gloves for throwing wood into the fire.

Now a days I wont touch and fire wood without gloves...no special reason really, that's just the way it is. I use to just throw out the yellow gloves once they got a hole in them but a guy on the arboristsite got me too wrapping the holes with duct tape to extend the life of the glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.