Glow boy exhaust fan shot - Junk the stove????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fixall

Oct 23, 2014
I just picked up a glow boy stove. The exhaust fan is completely shot and its missing the fire box. It came with a extra control board and auger motor, I have not tested either.

So where can a guy get used parts for this stove? Can I just replace the blade for the blower?

I didnt see a buyer/seller section on this forum which really surprised me.

If its not worth it for me to fix this stove I would like to part it out, anyone interested??

Attachments

• 1207141951.jpg
    1207141951.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 1207141951b.jpg
    1207141951b.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 188
There is a buy and sell forum, it is on the same page as the other forum entrances.
If you can get a make or serial or model number off the fan body you can google them and get some hits
This may a good place to start
hopefully someone else will chime in

I removed the old blade from the motor, pita!! It was rusted on, so out came the grinder. I ran to the local pellet stove supply and bought a 4 3/4 blade for a harman stove. Not the right blade but it was $15 so no loss if it didnt work.

I put the fan assembly back together with the wrong blade and installed. Next I needed a fire box... It was missing and I dont feel like spending $150 on one.

I cut a piece of stainless steel from a olg Apple mac g5 case, bent it to fit, drilled some holes and wala... diy fire box lol

It does require drilling a few holes, testing, then adding more holes to get the burn dialed in just right.

The heat ex-changers were so dirty the rod would not pull <>

To my surprise the stove works great, burns hot and clean, I wouldn't put it in my house but a good backup stove for emergency :)

Attachments

• 1209141737.jpg
    1209141737.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 1209141756.jpg
    1209141756.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: rafmt and Arti
I would clean that stove up good and order a burn pot. I have one of these Glowboy stoves, they are pretty good.

You could also just go on grainger and get basically any exhaust motor. The stove has the ability to adjust the speed via tuning screws or dip switches

Where are you located

Yes the stove is filthy. The previous owner burned corn and never cleaned the stove. I dont have any use for the stove, so I dont know that I will be investing in the correct burn pot for it.

I may just sell it and if someone wants to buy a burn pot for it have at it :)

The "fuel control" knob changes both the auger and combustion fan speed together. I would like the auger to run longer in between cycles (dump more pellets). The stove came with another control board that is digital, the current one is analog. The digital board has 3 adj. screws, I assume it is fully customizable, which would be nice...

The buildup on the combustion fan blower was horrible if you look at the first pictures. The fan blades themselves were 1/16" thick and the chalky buildup was almost 1/4", makes me wonder if only corn does this or pellets too...

I live in appleton wi

Status
Not open for further replies.