Glowboy FBG2 igniter problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcgifford

Oct 16, 2015
Maine
Hi,
I have a 2008 free standing glowboy pellet stove and appear to be having problems with the igniter. I did a thorough cleaning this fall from stem to stern. I've run it a few times this fall with no problems. I shut it down to clean the burn pot, went to start it up and it ran for the 15 minutes feeding pellets with no ignition. I started it manually and it runs fine with all functions working perfectly, except the igniter. I replaced the igniter and the new igniter does get red hot but still with no ignition of the pellets. I can still start the pellets on fire and it will run perfectly. I suspect the acutron 4 control board but don't have the $400 to replace it again. I replaced it in 2013. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did check the snap switches, motors, vacuum switch, all ok .

Status
Not open for further replies.