Going Back To Oil For 1/3 Of The House...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
*sigh*

The Dixette and her SO are getting ready to close on their new house, and need a temporary stove until they get a 30, so they will be moving the 13 to the new digs. They'll be building a pad for the 30, with clearances in mind for the 13 to be used in the mean time. At least the 13 will help them cut down on fuel consumption until the new 30 is up & running.

More than enough firewood here to move over and keep them up & running (go me for being prepared !!)

The 13 is in the apartment, and I'm not really comfy with the thought of a tenant using a wood stove for heat, so it's back to oil for that side of the house.

On the plus side, there will be rental income coming in from the apartment, and the oil will also heat the Master bedroom, which is on the same zone ( 2 zone house/burner has 4 zone capacity).

Figure if I'm burning the oil in the winter, I'll shut down the electric HWH for the winter months, and turn it back on once heating season is over.

Guess I have to fix the oil burner now :mad:

No electric ways to get'er done? How big is the apartment?

Apt is 600 Sf, Master is another 650.

Electric is way to expensive here, especially for heat. No natural gas, and propane would be through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.