Going to make the jump to a Stove, need some final q's answered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the accentra is still brand new in the box?

The difference in the air distribution is huge with the 42i and 52i. My father in law has the predecessor and I have the 52i. It's a big upgrade in btu. The small delta in price isn't worth going down. My father in law swears on it

put the order in with the pellet dealer. If things go south, they'll refund you no problem. I had a similar result with a refund myself. That way if they're selling through expected tonnage, your tons are reserved. Lesson learned last winter and from what I'm seeing, higher quality pellets are beginning to be rare.
Excellent idea - reserve your tons now! I liked Barefoot my first season (but can't really compare them to anything yet..) - I've heard LaCrete is a notch above Barefoot and a notch below Douglas Fir.... time will tell. Good prices though - I wouldn't expect them to last!!! (Paid $305/ton for LaCrete in July)

CAM01863.jpg Ok I'm in. 52i installed this afternoon.3.6 tons of lacrete ordered. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Couldn't have picked a better stove!enjoy

Looks great, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.