Going to sell all my wood!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gboutdoors

Burning Hunk
Nov 21, 2013
S.E. Massachusetts
Ok not REALY but I am doing a job down the Cape and saw this sign.
image.jpg
Zoom in on the sign !!!! $300 a cord that means I have $3600 stacked for the next three years. I live 20 miles away can you see me now with a large flat bed truck from the shop with a sign at the Bourne rotary WELL SEASONED WOOD $275 a cord. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be surprised what the price of wood gets up to this winter. Low grade logs are going for record prices at pulp mills and pallet shops. The NE is pretty wet too,,,slowing down logging.

If that's split and delivered, that's about right around here.

I know many people are having a hard time getting wood this year. I know cause there trying hard to get mine.

Reactions: flyingcow
You might be surprised what the price of wood gets up to this winter. Low grade logs are going for record prices at pulp mills and pallet shops. The NE is pretty wet too,,,slowing down logging.

NE is wet? Not so in PA, my grass needs serious watering.

Gboutdoors, care to make a quick grand-plus? I'm getting my first wood stove installed in a few weeks, having a hell of a time finding a source for dry wood.

Gboutdoors, care to make a quick grand-plus? I'm getting my first wood stove installed in a few weeks, having a hell of a time finding a source for dry wood.

If you are in the New Bedford area you may not find any dry wood. I have already traded or sold over 5 cord to friends that can not find any dry wood. If you had started earlier in the season I could have helped. I could help for next year if you are in the area and interested let me know.

Thank you for your kind offer and thoughts.

I am in southern NH, new to the wood burning scene (only have a fireplace, stove due in September).

I'll find something.

There was a guy on CL who had some ash he was about to cut, heard it dries relatively fast. Maybe if I split and stacked it this weekend it'd be usable this winter?

Thank you for your kind offer and thoughts.

I am in southern NH, new to the wood burning scene (only have a fireplace, stove due in September).

I'll find something.

There was a guy on CL who had some ash he was about to cut, heard it dries relatively fast. Maybe if I split and stacked it this weekend it'd be usable this winter?
My understanding is that Ash does season quick.....I'm hoping mine will be good to go since it's been C/S/S six months ago, it's pretty much all I've got. I did find a source of wood that's been in the round for a few years (Ash, Maple, Cherry, and Locust), hoping to get some this weekend.

Ash does dry quicker than oak, but in my experience it still needs at least a year after split.

Reactions: Applesister
I saw a btu chart or firewood "ranking" that put green (wet) ash ranking about the same green or seasoned. Not that you would want to burn it green, but it ranked IIRC about 6th place both wet & dry while other species moved around on that list wether dry or not. It does have a fairly low m/c when green compared to others.

Reactions: BruceNorEast
Ash does dry quicker than oak, but in my experience it still needs at least a year after split.
I will definitely check with my MM, and try to burn whats best

I tried to do a trade with one of my neighbors. Wood for the use of his tractor/backhoe. He wants my seasoned wood which is NOT what I had in mind. I was gonna offer him cutting rights for tractor rights. I think hes too lazy to take the bite. He burns wood too but I dont even see a facecord sitting in his yard either. My wood thats seasoned is like Gold to me, I wouldnt sell it or trade it.

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
Status
Not open for further replies.