Going to Tractor Supply To buy a log splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:
smokinj said:
colebrookman said:
Jags" date="1242934738 said:
colebrookman" date="1242934567 said:
Of course she was right.

I hate when that happens. ;-P
In my case it happens a lot. But I love your splitter: building my own has just been pushed to the back burner till I finish a few, well many, other projects.
Ed

OILOMATIC® STIHL RAPID™ Super Comfort (RSC) not sure what the super comfort all about sure it has to do with the new anti-vibe thing the 91 stands for the drive lenths in the chain and thats what iam running and its a full skip. I run the OILOMATIC® STIHL RAPID™ Super (RS). sounds like your set for smooth cutting!

Ummm....wrong thread there big guy. :red:

Don't worry, I've done it.....and who of all people catch me....yeah, it was BroB.
yep I was trying to get it out of there but your to quick

I lurk in the dark shadows and behind bushes and then.....whammo...gotch ya. :lol:

just dont do that if I have a saw in my hand!lol

smokinj said:
Jags said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:
smokinj said:
colebrookman" date="1242935151 said:
Of course she was right.

In my case it happens a lot. But I love your splitter: building my own has just been pushed to the back burner till I finish a few, well many, other projects.
Ed

OILOMATIC® STIHL RAPID™ Super Comfort (RSC) not sure what the super comfort all about sure it has to do with the new anti-vibe thing the 91 stands for the drive lenths in the chain and thats what iam running and its a full skip. I run the OILOMATIC® STIHL RAPID™ Super (RS). sounds like your set for smooth cutting!

Don't worry, I've done it.....and who of all people catch me....yeah, it was BroB.

I lurk in the dark shadows and behind bushes and then.....whammo...gotch ya. :lol:

Mama only raised one stupid son, and thats my brother.

Jags said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:
smokinj" date="1242935621 said:
colebrookman" date="1242935151 said:
Of course she was right.

Ed

Mama only raised one stupid son, and thats my brother.
lol same here and boy can he be stupid!!!!!!

brider said:
What is this "table" you guys are talking about to build for your splitter? What is it's function?

Think of it as an output table for the split log. As you split a round, half falls to the left, half to the right. If you have a table that will catch the half opposite of your working side, you don't have to pick it up off of the ground, its on the table. If it doesn't need to be resplit, it will simply get pushed off with the next round being run through the splitter.

Is this a technique for a horizontal setup? Seems to me that on a vertical setup (like I'll be using), the ground serves as the "table". Is this correct?

I think I'll be snaggin' one of those 22-ton jobs from TSC this weekend.

brider said:
Is this a technique for a horizontal setup? Seems to me that on a vertical setup (like I'll be using), the ground serves as the "table". Is this correct?

I think I'll be snaggin' one of those 22-ton jobs from TSC this weekend.

You are correct. Basically it is only usable in the horizontal position.

Status
Not open for further replies.