Going to wear that splitter out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
Finished cutting up 3 tops of white oak that have been laying for about 6 years this morning. There is alot more to get. Most of the easy stuff was taken off these but now that I got a splitter, I am processing all the rest of it. I will have a chit load of cords when I am done. I plan on having all of these down tops cut split and stacked throughout the fall and winter.

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 177.jpg
    bearded asil hen 177.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 145
  • bearded asil hen 176.jpg
    bearded asil hen 176.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 127
  • bearded asil hen 175.jpg
    bearded asil hen 175.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 142
  • bearded asil hen 174.jpg
    bearded asil hen 174.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 129
Nothing like breaking in a new toy.
Hydo's make firewood gathering so much more rewarding

Na, that shouldn't wear out the splitter. You'll have more wear and tear just from rastling those logs.

Nice looking wood.
Wear that splitter out, not much good if you don't use it. LOL :)
A "a chit load of cords" is a good thing ;)

great score! i love white oak. i can feel the BTU's from here.

White oak is rock hard and I've had good luck with burning it. I like it better than red oak. Not as stinky either when walking by a freshly cut pile. :)

Thats a good score, I got about 5-6 cords of oak and about 1/4 is white oak, my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.