Going to work greetings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
This is what greeted me this morning

P1050893.jpg

P1050894.jpg

Sorry, Hoss. Really sorry.

I'd be happy if it would stop doing that here. Seems like I just have time to get the driveway cleared and it's doing it again. Already getting tired of snow, of course it's been on the ground for about a month already.

Crap, 8" would paralyze SW Ohio for days. I'm so glad I grew up in Northern Ohio, on the edge of the snowbelt, so I learned how to handle a little snow and not freak.

f v

For 18 years here I was the first tracks in the snow many times on the 37 mile back road commute. Wondering what vehicle would be sideways around the next bend blocking the road.

Now I put in the morning load, cook breakfast and watch people sliding off the road on the news.

Have a nice day commuters. Been there. Done that and retired from it. Gotta be some benefit of being old and broken down. :-/

fireview2788 said:
Crap, 8" would paralyze SW Ohio for days.

People here have been known to fail to get to work after an inch of snow........... ;-)

Years ago we had a Thanksgiving storm in which we got 10" of snow so I will say it's better you then me lol.. This year has been tropical so far with temps running up to the 50's and 60's all month! I am amazed every time I watch the weather report to see 60's in the forecast! Hopefully the trend continues and we get no snow.. I can deal with cold much better than snow!

Ray

[quote author="hossthehermit" date="1322192350"]This is what greeted me this morning

They are just waiting for the snow here, big business with all the snowmobiles here. It seems like the hunting season has been real slow with all the warm weather plus the lack of snow.

zap

Hey hoss, Mother Nature will probably melt it yet. Saves pushing it around.

Backwoods Savage said:

Oh, yeah, should be gone by Monday. Told my plow guy Wednesday not to bother with anything less than a foot, ground isn't frozen yet, makes too big a mess to plow, my truck will handle wallowing around in a foot or so with no problem.

Looks like you do have the right truck for driving in it.

hossthehermit said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Oh, yeah, should be gone by Monday. Told my plow guy Wednesday not to bother with anything less than a foot, ground isn't frozen yet, makes too big a mess to plow, my truck will handle wallowing around in a foot or so with no problem.

I plowed during the Halloween storm . . . should have known better . . . didn't bother this time around . . . snow is pretty much all gone now around the house . . . just a bit in the woods.

Nothing but bare ground a 0400 today when I got me out of bed.

BrotherBart said:
For 18 years here I was the first tracks in the snow many times on the 37 mile back road commute. Wondering what vehicle would be sideways around the next bend blocking the road.

Now I put in the morning load, cook breakfast and watch people sliding off the road on the news.

Have a nice day commuters. Been there. Done that and retired from it. Gotta be some benefit of being old and broken down. :-/

I have been saying for a while that one of the happiest days in my life will be the day of the first snow storm after I retire. Sadly, that day probably won't come for 20 years or so.

Flatbedford said:
BrotherBart said:

I have been saying for a while that one of the happiest days in my life will be the day of the first snow storm after I retire. Sadly, that day probably won't come for 20 years or so.

Well, I can assure any youngsters waiting for retirement, the years go by quick enough without rushing them.

And having our first really cold winter last year since 1963, I can assure anyone it's not fun breaking the ice to get water indoors to flush the toilet after all the mains water supplies have frozen, or getting water to livestock when their water supply is frozen solid.

Snow scenes look great in everybody else's pictures though ;-)

Looks like the right vehicle for the snow. :)
Wish we'd get a few more feet of it. Maybe soon :)
Nice pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.