Gold plated firewood! NY Craigs List

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Holy crap!!! This wood must be gold plated!!!
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/for/1984424210.html

"BEST Seasoned FIREWOOD FOR SALE (oak ONLY!!!) from $90.

OAK FIREWOOD Sale: Great quality firewood for sale (more than 1 year seasoned).
No Mixed hardwood, oak, maple, mulberry, JUST THE BEST - OAK !!!.
No Stacking fees:
1/4 face cord $90.00 16"Wx 2'H x 4'L
1/2 face cord $120.00 16"Wx 4'H x 4'L
1 FACE cord $200.00 16"Wx 4'H x 8'L (as shown on the picture)
bundle $10.00 (10 pcs.)

FREE Deliveries, stacking and wrapped in plastic. Cash only.
Stacking fees: will be greater, if you have more than 10 steps or pile must be more than 100' away from the driveway. Please call to inquire. Same day deliveries.

Call (914) 484-3359 or e-mails
10 good reasons to heat with wood http://www.woodheat.org/why/10good.htm
WHITE AND RED OAK ONLY!!!. Check the national research (VA State University):
-Heat value (Btu/cord) 20,450,000 in airtight wood stove!!! (twice more than pine firewood and twice cheaper than Con-Edison natural gas)
- Production of Heavy Smoke - lowest among North American firewood (less chimney cleaning calls)
- Production of Sparks - lowest among North American firewood (safety!)"

$200 a FACE cord!!! That's freaking $600 per cord!!! I wonder how much he sells a that price. At least he'll stack for free.

Probably a bargain compared to what the grocery stores and gas stations are charging for their bundles, and they probably don't deliver. ( never tried Peapod)

Buy a kiln, a bundler/wrapper and make some money with the old Ford.

This guy doesn't say anything about kiln dried or wrapped. All he says is one year seasoned.

Flatbedford said:
This guy doesn't say anything about kiln dried or wrapped. All he says is one year seasoned.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mrs Flatbed wouldn't be too happy if you started stacking enough for your enterprise to season it a year.

I don't think I'll be going into the firewood business. I hardly have enough time to get enough together for myself. I'd have to quit my job. If I did that, I would have to charge even more than he does!

I guess if somebody is stupid enough to buy it, he is smart enough to sell it to them..................................

Whoever is stupid enough to buy it probably isn't worried about the comparative cost of fuels.

SolarAndWood said:
Whoever is stupid enough to buy it probably isn't worried about the comparative cost of fuels.

Ah,yeah, The" More Money Than Brains" theory, I Hear Ya........................

This guy is probably getting $200 per face cord from rich fireplace burners who want an fire in their fireplace for the holidays - that is his market, and there are plenty of those people in Westchester County who want that and will pay that. He is not trying to sell to 24/7 woodburners.

He must be confusing the term face cord and cord. he MUST be.

I saw palleted wood for sale yesterday in Passaic Cty NJ $169. I make that to be betweem a 1/4 and a 1/3 of a cord. And they had at least a dozen there ready to go.
I'm thinking pick up truck - taking it to a condo.

He must be confusing the term face cord and cord. he MUST be.

I'm afraid not - and when I am referring to a face cord, I mean 1/3 of a full cord...If you have a $2,000,000 house, your property taxes are $50k a year, and you work on Wall Street, then you really don't care if your yearly firewood bill is $200 or $65.

Yeah. Check Craigslist on Long Island. They ALL promise u the world- and give u - BUPKISS. Wet, short loads. Any jackwagon with a truck and a chainsaw is now a 'firewood guy'. Thats why I hunt, gather , cut ,split, and stack my own! I have GOT to get off this ISLAND!

Status
Not open for further replies.