1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Golden Eagle Pellet Stoves

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by CB56, Jul 29, 2009.

1. CB56

CB56 New Member

Loc:
    WI
    Hey guys I was looking on Google to figure out which pellet stove to consider getting for my new home. I came across Golden Eagle and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this brand?

http://www.goldeneaglestoves.com/

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. petkoz

petkoz New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    I saw no response to your post, and I have the same question to the forum. Local dealer has Golden Eagle Lincoln multi-fuel stove - can find no opinions about them on the web or here. Also considering Harmon PC-45 and the Englander 10-CPM - but both substantially more than the Golden Eagle. I fear a strong dose of "ya get what ya pay for" could be part of the Golden Eagle. Any help out there for a newbie?
  3. Stentor

Stentor Member

Loc:
    North of Boston, Mass
    No facts, just these impressions:

1. Nice clean website
    2. No long list of dealers, so you might be locked into one source for repairs in your area
    3. Surprising that no owners in this forum have commented, which suggests this is not a high volume product (at least in here)
    4. Prices seem on the low side
    5. Product's competition is not clear to me - - Englander, Saranac?
  4. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Taking a quick glance the talon looks very similar to the breckwell big E.
  5. petkoz

petkoz New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks for the input. The dealer got several of the Golden Eagle Lincoln stoves shipped in so I went to look at them. Set up with a heavy (maybe 5/8" diameter) clinker breaker rod for the corn that is removable by pulling a cotter pin, and rotates in a thin metal pot (could be stainless steel?) which rests in a heavier gauge steel box. The Pellet stoves I looked at all seem to have a heavy cast pot. Not sure if that will be a longevity issue with the burn pot? The ash box removes by unscrewing a knob. Must be cheaper that way than a handle. No one there knew much about them - "new this year to us". Fit and finish look good.
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Download the manual, I am almost possitive it the BigE. Check out the replacement part numbers too!

jay
  7. petkoz

petkoz New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks for that - you are right - Golden Eagle looks to be the same as Breckwell - the multi-fuel "Lincoln" that I am looking at is the same as the Breckwell 6000-FS. and the Talon (pellet only) looks like the Big E. Great site guys!
  8. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    So am I to understand that Breckwell is private labeling these under another name? In 25 years I never heard of "Golden Eagle"
  9. smoke show

smoke show Guest

seem to be priced higher then breckwells, in my area anyway.
  10. VeteranBurner

VeteranBurner New Member

Loc:
    NorthernUSA
    These are definitely Breckwells. They started another brand name to hide the fact that they are selling to mass marketers, including Wal Mart and Sams. Check the website and you can see they just changed the 'grill' on the models. Also, check the listing at at Intertek. Check the safety label on the inside of the hopper lid for the address of manufacture. They did have some made in China last year. Otherwise the 2 factories are in Texas and Oregon.
    Remember that NationalSteelcrafters/Breckwell are low-end stoves, made cheaply to be inexpensive. You get what you pay for. They are OK for heating when you don't need much heat. I'm not sure of their stability in this economy. I heard they had a big layoff last year. They also put huge markups on replacement parts, so shop around.