Golden Eagle Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw no response to your post, and I have the same question to the forum. Local dealer has Golden Eagle Lincoln multi-fuel stove - can find no opinions about them on the web or here. Also considering Harmon PC-45 and the Englander 10-CPM - but both substantially more than the Golden Eagle. I fear a strong dose of "ya get what ya pay for" could be part of the Golden Eagle. Any help out there for a newbie?

No facts, just these impressions:

1. Nice clean website
2. No long list of dealers, so you might be locked into one source for repairs in your area
3. Surprising that no owners in this forum have commented, which suggests this is not a high volume product (at least in here)
4. Prices seem on the low side
5. Product's competition is not clear to me - - Englander, Saranac?

Taking a quick glance the talon looks very similar to the breckwell big E.

Thanks for the input. The dealer got several of the Golden Eagle Lincoln stoves shipped in so I went to look at them. Set up with a heavy (maybe 5/8" diameter) clinker breaker rod for the corn that is removable by pulling a cotter pin, and rotates in a thin metal pot (could be stainless steel?) which rests in a heavier gauge steel box. The Pellet stoves I looked at all seem to have a heavy cast pot. Not sure if that will be a longevity issue with the burn pot? The ash box removes by unscrewing a knob. Must be cheaper that way than a handle. No one there knew much about them - "new this year to us". Fit and finish look good.

no pane said:
Taking a quick glance the talon looks very similar to the breckwell big E.

Download the manual, I am almost possitive it the BigE. Check out the replacement part numbers too!

jay

Thanks for that - you are right - Golden Eagle looks to be the same as Breckwell - the multi-fuel "Lincoln" that I am looking at is the same as the Breckwell 6000-FS. and the Talon (pellet only) looks like the Big E. Great site guys!

So am I to understand that Breckwell is private labeling these under another name? In 25 years I never heard of "Golden Eagle"

seem to be priced higher then breckwells, in my area anyway.

These are definitely Breckwells. They started another brand name to hide the fact that they are selling to mass marketers, including Wal Mart and Sams. Check the website and you can see they just changed the 'grill' on the models. Also, check the listing at at Intertek. Check the safety label on the inside of the hopper lid for the address of manufacture. They did have some made in China last year. Otherwise the 2 factories are in Texas and Oregon.
Remember that NationalSteelcrafters/Breckwell are low-end stoves, made cheaply to be inexpensive. You get what you pay for. They are OK for heating when you don't need much heat. I'm not sure of their stability in this economy. I heard they had a big layoff last year. They also put huge markups on replacement parts, so shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.