Golden Eagle Stove (Lincoln) Cant get it to pump out much heat and the full setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCrazy

Dec 5, 2008
Northern Illinois
I purchased a Golden Eagle Lincoln Corn/Pellet stove and I have it in thge garage burning it in so the house will not stink up. I 'm running it with out a chimmney set up right now. It seems to be starving for fuel and not producing much heat. I'm using pellets(wood ) anyone that can help I'sure would apprieciate it. I switched from a wood burner but it looks like I might have made a costly mistake...

Thanks

Sorry it is the lincoln my mistake
I had it set on 5 and it did'nt throw much heat after about a hour. I could still hold my hand in front of the blower.... Can it be ran without a exhaust pipe hooked up?

By any chance is your stove set to run in manual mode?

Sometimes those switches get hit and the stove winds up running in keep fire mode.

Then as Jay said you may have the damper open way too much.

Then you need to understand that a pellet stove operates entirely different than your tree eater. It doesn't run with a rip snorting wide open draft consuming 10 pounds of wood every 20 minutes.

I will bet that the stove might be in Auto mode with a jumper in the thermo-stat connecting location. Thus not calling for heat, No matter where the heat range is set. So the stove is stuck in low heat or maintain(pilot fire) mode. This is because there is no igniter with this model. Make sure its in manual mode and adjust the draft damper per spec's in the manual. Adjust for a bright lively flame but not to much as you will push heat out the vent.

Even though a wood pellet stove doesn't give you shocking heat, You will find the heat will be constant. A nice steady heat all the time. Comeared to the wave of a wood stove. Just will take some adjusting to get used to it. I highly recommend a thermo-stat(programmable even better) to control the heat for you.

hope this helps
jay

RDCrazy said:
I have the stove in Manual mode.
Where is the jumper located at?

IF there is a jumper wire, it will be on the 2 screw terminals on the back of the control panel near the bottom....that's where a thermostat is hooked-up. But there may not be a jumper there anyway.

RDCrazy said:
I have the stove in Manual mode.
Where is the jumper located at?
What temp sould I see for convection heat (Tube heat)

That would depend upon the air volume being sent through the convection system.

It can actually be all over the place, some stoves with large air flows produce temperatures in the low one hundred's and others substantially higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.