Golden Pellets/Energex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
hi,
Am I the only one that has these pellets here on the forum?
have not burned any yet. I never see any posts about them...0.5 ash
. Bag_PremiumHardwood.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackfire
hi,
Am I the only one that has these pellets here on the forum?
have not burned any yet. I never see any posts about them...0.5 ash
.View attachment 142263
You might be, I know they are not available around these parts. Not yet anyway, I believe that is a fairly new product for Energex.

Where did you find these??
These pellets are manufactured during a limited time at the Energex American plant in Mifflintown,Pa
[Canadian Energex Plant does the Golden Softwoods]
which makes them more or less a 1 Time deal to be purchased by certain dealers.
Think of well know Seasonal Beers that are only available for a limited time each year.
My Harman Stove dealer just got a pre-ordered supply of 200 tons 2 weeks ago for his Stove customers.
customers[myself included] put deposits in for the early buy for these pellets this Past June...
Once they are gone, there gone till 1 time shot next year..
I will surely post about how they burned this winter but sort of a Mute point since barely anyone here has them let alone heard of them.
Super fine/filtered sawdust must be in limited supply since that is what they are made of is all I can think of..

Energex is like the biggest Manufacturer and supplier on the Eastern Seaboard bagging and distributing also to Home depots and Lowes the likes of
Stove chows, Green Supremes, FSU's and all those other brands they sell....
smaller pellet manufactures use Energex to bag/distribute many different pellets under different names to all the Big box stores.
just like selling product to Walmart to distribute in the're many stores in the East..

Sorry for the long winded answer to a 5 word Question.;em

Last edited:
Just so there's no confusion, Green Supreme is NOT an Energex product. It a NEWP product.
Green Supreme at the Aubuchon Hardware here in town are $249 a ton. TSC two towns over ( about 11 mile)sell heir own brand which currently are Maine Wood blends for $254. No comparison in heat output, spend the $5 bucks I assume .

Energex Hardwoods here are $299 a ton, same for LG.

Only difference between stove chows and energex pellets is the price and the color of bag!
Actually, from burning 2 tons of each last winter,
the differences we saw was that Chows we;re darker in color, Inconsistant in size, and a sweeter smell when burned and also ashier.
[deffinitly came from different Manufacturer to be Bagged/distributed via Energex]
Energex only Makes 2 types at the American Plant. Green bag hardwoods & Gold bag low ash hardwoods.
Canadian plant does the Softwoods & Blends.
Heat was abundant...Couldn't feel and difference..
If is doesn't say Energex anywhere on the bag, they didn't make them..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.