Gone To The Dogs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyheater

Minister of Fire
:) Everybody has their own big screen TV :exclaim:

Attachments

• IMGP3305.jpg
    IMGP3305.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,139
I love it !!

hobbyheater said:
:) Everybody has their own big screen TV :exclaim:

the one on the right looks like the ring leader...................

Bear must have quite an appetite and would view the two ratties as appetizer and desert :lol:

Great security system :exclaim:

The german shepherd and the cat have now passed on.

Attachments

• IMGP1305.jpg
    IMGP1305.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 728
  • IMGP1306.jpg
    IMGP1306.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 729
sorry for your loss on your german shepherd. wonderful dogs. one of lifes greatest injustices is the lifespan between a person and their dog.

punchy said:
sorry for your loss on your german shepherd. wonderful dogs. one of lifes greatest injustices is the lifespan between a person and their dog.

Loved the GS's when I was a kid. Great dogs !!

It's not an injustice. Their life is a training period, that trains you for the next one.

It's an on going process, get used to it
action-smiley-034.gif

punchy said:

Juliet was a wonderful girl and did an excellent job of training the two Rat Terriers.
When our two daughters were very young, we got our first house dog; a Heinz 57, lovable 70 lb Spaniel cross (we think) already named "Tiny". She just loved water. When she left us, we went to the SPCA and found " Sheba"; a lovely young Shepherd with pups. The pups were worth a story on their own. After having a dog that really loved water, I prepped our teenage daughters not to be too disappointed if she would not go into the water. The first time at the lake for a family swim did she make me look foolish. She was watching the girls running and diving in and could not resist so in she went but she could not swim that well. We managed to get her up and out onto the logs and put a floater vest on her. You can just see it in on her as she launches herself into the lake.
The picture of her on the bed with our daughters was her first night with us. She really wanted to be a part of the family.
It is a sad time when they go but the good memories of the short time spent with us makes it all worth while.

Attachments

• Sheba - 2.jpg
    Sheba - 2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 605
  • Sheba - 4.jpg
    Sheba - 4.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 594
Awesome pic! Looks like the dogs have their on binoculars and two-way radio as they survey their domain. The one on the right is clearly Mr. Alert.

tfdchief said:
I love it! Is the middle one a Jack Russel? Looks like mine a little bit.

All three are toy Rat Terriers - small cousins to the Jack Russels. Your Jack must love being in front of the warm fire. The black and white rattie, I think, would like to live some where warm like Phenox, Arizona. She spends most of the winter months under a cover on a bed or up against the base board heater behind the couch.
Nice picture. :exclaim:

Pagey said:
Awesome pic! Looks like the dogs have their on binoculars and two-way radio as they survey their domain. The one on the right is clearly Mr. Alert.

There seems to be at least one always sitting in that chair even when I am not there. Makes me think of a sentry keeping watch. If a cat, dog, deer or bear go by, all three run down to the bottom of the property and of course, there is some barking involved in this charge.

I've become very fond of terriers. Alot of dog in a small package :)

Last week I went for a hike with the Rat Terriers and it was not without adventure. The youngest one, Shadow (grey and white) nine months old, did not under stand rock bluffs and went over at the point where you have an overview of the water. In the picture of the rock bluff face, you can just make out her fluorescent orange jacket in the middle of the picture. From where her jacket is, she fell another six feet onto a small ledge. It took me almost 1/2 hour to find my way down to her and I'm happy to say she suffered no injuries but was really happy to see me. She now wants nothing to do with edges. Her jacket may have contributed to her fall, so they no longer wear jackets on this type of hike.

Attachments

• IMGP4055.jpg
    IMGP4055.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMGP4057.jpg
    IMGP4057.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMGP4030.jpg
    IMGP4030.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMGP4063.jpg
    IMGP4063.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 189
tfdchief said:
Holy crap. I can't believe she didn't go all the way to the bottom. Thank God she didn't.

It was a long half hour as she was not barking. I had to go 1/2 mile back along the bluff to find a way down and then come back up to her. When I first saw the jacket I thought the worst ,but then spotted her on the ledge just below the jacket and with a little encouragement, there was just enough room for her to come down the ledge to me. Over the years, I have had many canine friends but this is the first time anything like this has happened .

Status
Not open for further replies.