Good bye, Sierra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fox9988

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2012
NW Arkansas
This old stove has kept my family warm for the last ~20 years. I'm guessing it it ~40 years old. It never needed anything except door ropes every 5-6 years, I hope the new stove is half as reliable. I got $650 out of it in less than 2 weeks on CL, not bad considering the season. I believe that is over twice what my mom gave for it 20 years ago. I'm feeling a little guilty, it's like taking an old work horse to the auction, after it kept your family fed for decades. :( At least I didn't send it to the killers(dog food/scrap). Pic in avatar if this doesn't work.....
file://localhost/Users/apatton/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2012/Aug%2031,%202012_2/Photo%2012.jpg
Good bye old friend

Edit: Did the pic show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.