Good deal on liner...?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsandlin0803

Dec 23, 2008
Eastern KY
I am going to need to buy a new liner along with insulation.

I found this on ebay and wanted to know what you guys thought about it and if you have ever used this brand.

It is made by forever flex.

Link:
Ebay Item Here

Also, do any of you have any links to products to extend my flue height? Or can I use some rigid Class A to get to my desired height after I come out of the brick of the chimney?

Thanks in advance...

I believe this is the liner Woodstock Soapstone uses and recommends.

http://www.woodstove.com/pages/masonry.html

"Woodstock Soapstone carries the Forever Flex brand liner. This is a high quality system that comes with a limited lifetime warranty."

If it gets their vote of confidence, then I believe it is quality. Not sure about the price, but that seems reasonable.

That looks like a nice kit and a good price. Tom likes 'em too: http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/foreverflex.htm

One thing I can't quite get my head around is the lack of a blockoff plate in any photos/sketches. Is it not needed? Is it assumed that one would be added, but since it has to be custom, it's just not shown? I would think you want one no matter what.

What do you guys think of the standard Flex King Liners? I can get one of these with insulation for around the same price as the deal on ebay with insulation.

jsandlin0803 said:
What do you guys think of the standard Flex King Liners? I can get one of these with insulation for around the same price as the deal on ebay with insulation.

Flex King and Forever Flex are both good liners. I would go with the Flex King just for the fact that springhill the eBay seller has been selling liners on eBay for a long time. I bought one of mine from them (their online store is Chimney Liner Depot) and would have bought the second one from them except that I wanted a particular brand they didn't have so I got it from Hart's Hearth.

The first guy you pointed to has sold a grand total of one liner on eBay and previously was selling everything under the sun except wood burning related items. And that stuff was all before last July. He obviously has access to somebody that can have liners drop shipped from Olympia Chimney Supply like a lot of dealers do. Olympia makes great liners and their service is fast but I would have a problem ordering from that particular vendor based on their lack of a liner sales track record.

Just my opinion.

Jsandlin, Springhill the seller on ebay is Glen at Chimney Liner Depot. Direct dial extension to call him at is 1-800-943-1515 ext102 I called him and told him what I was doing and he quoted me a better price than e-bay or their internet site. Ordered it in the morning arrived the next afternoon. Great service, price, and warranty, Good folks. Merry Christmas, Jim

I know the gentlemen and women that have received liners from our authorized ebay seller have had nothing but enjoyment from installing it themselves and have saved more money then buying from Rockford or the other guys... All liners are made well.. it's service and commitment that makes the industry stand apart.

Rudyjr said:
Jsandlin, Springhill the seller on ebay is Glen at Chimney Liner Depot. Direct dial extension to call him at is 1-800-943-1515 ext102 I called him and told him what I was doing and he quoted me a better price than e-bay or their internet site. Ordered it in the morning arrived the next afternoon. Great service, price, and warranty, Good folks. Merry Christmas, Jim

They will give you a good price, but check to see if their liner is UL listed. Could be a problem with insurance if it does not have the UL certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.