Good Deal on Used Fireview?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In it's current state you would have no secondary combustion - just a box for pre-EPA burning. Good price, even without the cat/baffle. I wonder if a 1995 model is before the stove was redesigned to have a good airwash, for clean glass? Call Woodstock, ask them what they think - they could do the rebuild for you, as well. if you want to drive the stove up there. That's the way I would go, to be sure the stove is in top shape to run, if the price of an overhaul from them was not too steep. Worth asking.

Looks like it's missing the bypass plate, cat housing and cat. I wonder what it looks like inside the fire box? $350 still sounds like a good deal even if you need to replace some parts. Woodstock can help you rebuild that stove if your a little handy.

Definitely call Woodstock as they can help.

Looks like a complete baffle kit for the model 201 is $270 on the Woodstock web site. Not to bad if that's all you need.

I looked at buying a stove like this one time and one of the things that swayed my decision not to buy was that it didn't have an airwash system to keep the glass clear like the newer models.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.