Good dealer stories...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mascoma

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 23, 2008
Upper Valley NH
We seem to hear alot about the shady dealers in this business, lets share some stories about the good ones.

I walked into my dealer with a spent distribution fan in my hand, they had a new one in stock, and in my hand, under warranty (read FREE), in about 2 minutes.
I have spent more time buying a cup of coffee before.
Thank you Upper Valley Stove Shop!

I had an igniter issue last season. Bob Nichols from Nichols stove in Ohio was my dealer. He promptly sent the warranty parts right to my door step! Bob has always been pleasant to me and the wife.

http://www.nicholsstores.com/

Long pond stove shop has a member here named pelletdude(Steve). Because he is an Enviro dealer I gave him a try with spare parts and the seasonal gaskets for my stove. I called him on Tuesday morning. I had the parts on my door step by Thursday afternoon. Excellent service and just a good dude to have around! I have sent a few friends to him, They have said the same. Excellent service. Carries some nice pellets too!

http://www.lppellets.com/Stove_Shop.html

Eric at Kinsman help me out with a breckwell bigE issue. Gave me a good price on replacement parts and promptly shipped them to me. I think he still has a few cold ones in the cooler outback for me if I ever get down there to see him! :)

Yes there some good ones out there. :)

And I'll give props to Kirley Masonry (Harman dealer) in Mansfield, MA for always having the extra little part of this and that in stock as well as letting me make use of his diagnostic tool for nothin before I bought it from him. Oh...and he delivered my personal stash of wood pellets for free as a thank you for all of the pellet sales I sent his way. He once called to ask if I wanted to order anything...since he was placing an order. Good Job!

I have to give kudos to our own Eric at Kinsman Stoves. When I first took the plunge in this pellet burning "addiction", I was converting from a wood stove, and needed to figure out how to adapt the 8" stove pipe down to my 4" pellet pipe.

The local dealer who initially got me the pipe pieces had no clue how to do it, but luckily I called Eric after seeing him on the forum, and even though he didn't have the adapter parts in stock, he gladly spent the time w/ me on the phone to figure it all out and tell me part numbers and how to put it together.....even while knowing I had to buy from someone else.

He has since become my go-to parts person for anything that doesn't require a "factory" part. Great guy...great prices....quick and VERY reasonable shipping costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.