Good deals?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CD2011

Aug 28, 2011
Massachusetts
What are your thoughts on the following Early Prices from a local farm? Minimum 3 ton order. Offer ends April 1.

Wood Pellet Brand
Regular Price/ton
Pre-Buy Price/ton*

Barefoot $289 $259

Envi Block 8 $289 $262

Envi Block 10 $289 $262

Turman $292 $276

Dry Creek $269 $249

Maine Softwood $285 $269

Thanks a bunch...
Cindy

Last year I paid $259 early buy I think for Turmans, it was definitely no more than that. I'm not liking that $276 price, but maybe that's what the price will be this year. I wouldn't be real happy.....

269$ for MWP Soft is a little much.

Delivery starts at $10 per ton for 3-4 tons for in-town delivery, a small radius from the farm is $50 for 2 or 3 tons, and $55 for 4-6 tons. I live a little further out and the delivery would be $65 for 2 or 3 tons, or $70 for for 4-6 tons.
We would want to pick up ourselves, my husband has a van he uses for work, he's a plumber. He takes out the tools etc. and a pallet will fit perfectly, it will mean 3 trips, but we are not that far from the farm.

Here in bucks co turmans special is $275 a ton till April 15 local stove shop he is the only one with pellets within 100 miles all big box stores are out.I snagged 6 bags yesterday on my word I would order before April 15.I checked all the lowes and home depot from Philly to Northern NJ where I work, all the stores are out of stock and they will not buy as they have to store through summer if you still need heat dino juice is all that is available here.

I'd be all over a couple tons of the BF for the cold weather, and a ton or 2 of the Dry Creek for the shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.