Good for the Northeast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Saves on wood.

zap

Attachments

• 400x266_11151510_contrast.jpg
    400x266_11151510_contrast.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 357
That's pretty dang interesting. That article was well-written, I thought. Rick

hope it stays that way- I like that below normal temp. blob over Montana- it's giving us some good snow!

Mt Ski Bum said:
hope it stays that way- I like that below normal temp. blob over Montana- it's giving us some good snow!

You get your wish, I get mine, let's hope it stays like this all winter. I'd like to have 4 ton of pellets left over in the spring.

All I want is for the bottom edge of that blue blob to slide north just about 1/8" or so. :lol:

Save the good wood.....you know you are gonna need it sooner or later...
Good wood goes a loooonnnng way.... :)

Batten down the hatches. 96mph gusts measured in the mtns. here already. Yesterday afternoon the temp dropped about 6 degrees in about an hour. I took that as a sign to light up the fire and it has been going since. Here's a bit more info on the jet from a PNW perspective.

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/

Keep it up there in Washington, please. :grrr:

First real Fall we have had since 2006. Totally overcast but 62 degrees. Rain coming but since Irene we haven't had a lot. Two cold days coming and then back in the sixties for the weekend. I can handle it.

This warm weather is not good for making snow at New England resorts. I'm getting very trigger happy. Somethings got to give, or maybe a long weekend to Colorado.

KC

GAMMA RAY said:
loooonnnng wood is way good wood.... :)

Speakin' o things that make you go hmmmmmm :bug:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Thats what she said! Just saying... ;-)

I did not say that you buggerz.....pigz.... :p
Conserve.....the good stuff....

smokinjay said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Thats what she said! Just saying... ;-)
]

She does say that! I keep telling her some things have a shelf life.

btuser said:
She does say that! I keep telling her some things have a shelf life.

Some things do not have a shelf life....like good wood...just ask Dennis....he is the king of wood....
Just sayin....good wood lasts a long long time... :)

Told ya it it was gonna be a bumpy rude, M !!!

action-smiley-073.gif

iskiatomic said:
This warm weather is not good for making snow at New England resorts. I'm getting very trigger happy. Somethings got to give, or maybe a long weekend to Colorado.

KC
The resorts over here in Mt are getting some pretty good snow... got about a foot in the past couple days, supposed to get below zero tonight, then a huge-a$$ system is supposed to come in on Wednesday & start dumping snow big time... should make for some pretty good opening day conditions..

btw- nice profile pic.- Atomic skis kick ass! :coolsmirk:

GAMMA RAY said:
Good wood goes a loooonnnng way.... :)

Tonight we will finish off our shoulder season wood (popple) then start burning some cherry. The best wood will be saved for our coldest months then we bring out the best we have, beech and sugar maple.

What is the best firewood in your inventory.

zap

zapny said:
Saves on wood.

zap

Good. Kind of makes up for last January and February when we were 15-20 degrees below average non-stop.

BrowningBAR said:
zapny said:
Saves on wood.

zap

Good. Kind of makes up for last January and February when we were 15-20 degrees below average non-stop.

BrowningBar; I am thinking with the weather being so warm Lake Ontario will take longer to freeze then we get hit with more Lake Effect sooner or later.

zap

zapny said:
BrowningBAR said:
zapny said:
Saves on wood.

zap

BrowningBar; I am thinking with the weather being so warm Lake Ontario will take longer to freeze then we get hit with more Lake Effect sooner or later.

zap

Oh, I know the colld will be here eventually, but last year we got a snow fall in early January that didn't melt until mid-to-lat February. That sucked!

Liking the warmer temps right now . . . but in another month I'm hoping it will be much colder and we'll have some snow on the way.

according to the Weather Channel, it looks like you guys up in the NE might have some lake-effect snow headed yer way next week... enjoy the heat wave while it lasts..

Status
Not open for further replies.