Good for the Northeast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this keeps up I may be more ahead next year than I had originally planned. The storms just keep on giving-it seems the power companies have their forestry crews and contractors in overdrive trimming anything that has a snowball's chance of taking down a line should we get a nasty ice storm or another Nor'easter. I just picked up some nice ash rounds on a county road ROW on my way into work this morning that weren't there yesterday morning. I've been seeing more tree crews going in and out of a power line cut through some state game land near my house lately too. I was once told by a game warden that technically the wood is supposed to be left there (state doesn't want the liability if someone hurts their back loading, etc...), but that if it "disappeared" he wouldn't make a difference to anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.