Good meteor shower tomorrow (Tue PM, Wed AM)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adabiviak

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2008
Sierra Nevadas, California
The Quadrantid meteor shower is going on right now, but it's supposed to peak Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. As long as the skies are clear for many of us, we might as well make the best of it. Anyone else observing these? Locally, there's a particularly bright Iridium flare that I'll be catching too - as good an excuse as any to go camp out somewhere with a nice view.

Maybe I'll see it when I walk the dog after work tonight. I should be outside at around 11.

Thanks for the heads up. For those with smart phones you can download the app "Google Sky Map". Then you simply hold the phone up in the sky and find the constellation. They even have the area of the meteor shower on the map spelled out.

Just came in from checking it out. 4 degrees F out there, nice breeze outta the north. Pretty good show, stayed out long enuff to run outta wishes, sure felt good to get back inside.

Either I an too far South or I was out too early, but I didn't see anything at about 11:30 last night. It was pretty darn cold though! I what a beautiful clear night too.

Probably a combination, light pollution, moon still up, city lights, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.