1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Good meteor shower tomorrow (Tue PM, Wed AM)

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Adabiviak, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Adabiviak

Adabiviak Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Sierra Nevadas, California
    The Quadrantid meteor shower is going on right now, but it's supposed to peak Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. As long as the skies are clear for many of us, we might as well make the best of it. Anyone else observing these? Locally, there's a particularly bright Iridium flare that I'll be catching too - as good an excuse as any to go camp out somewhere with a nice view.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Maybe I'll see it when I walk the dog after work tonight. I should be outside at around 11.
  3. woodmiser

woodmiser New Member

Loc:
    Garnet Valley, PA
    Thanks for the heads up. For those with smart phones you can download the app "Google Sky Map". Then you simply hold the phone up in the sky and find the constellation. They even have the area of the meteor shower on the map spelled out.
  4. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Just came in from checking it out. 4 degrees F out there, nice breeze outta the north. Pretty good show, stayed out long enuff to run outta wishes, sure felt good to get back inside.
  5. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Either I an too far South or I was out too early, but I didn't see anything at about 11:30 last night. It was pretty darn cold though! I what a beautiful clear night too.
  6. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Probably a combination, light pollution, moon still up, city lights, etc.