Good Morning, A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Finally had the time to work the big Hickory trunk that has been down since the August hurricane. Took about 2 hours to get the trunk bucked. A few rounds are not in the pic since they were rolled into a different spot for processing. With a freshened chain, the 359 could get through these pieces in 1:36. After about 7 or 8 rounds it went to 2:07. If you have worked these large rounds you understand it can be like going for a walk, mentally that is. Lots of time to ponder, thus the idea of timing the cuts.

Attachments

• hickory2 (2).jpg
    hickory2 (2).jpg
    122 KB · Views: 401
  • hickory1.jpg
    hickory1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 411
Good lookin rounds there Myway. I burnt some hickory this year first time I ever had some that I can remember....nice stuff. I have a couple shagbark's that I may take down before spring.

Good lookin' big rounds. Though I've never burned hickory, I sure do like being downwind of where it's burning for some reason. Makes my mouth water...

Some awesome looking wood.
Gonna look nice split & stacked up.
Thats a fast cut, a good sharp chain & good saw :)

Right mywaynow. Cutting those can be fun too.

Nice big rounds.

A lot of work good job.

the big rounds like that are fun to cut. with 25 inch bar and a nice sharp chain on my 361 i cut through this oak pretty smoothly. but i still wish i had a 660 to do it with lol.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 212
That's a beauty, have fun splittin that sucker though. A C
Oh yea, nice saw too btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.