Good Morning and Hello from a newbee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishrprice

Oct 26, 2008
Eastern Shore of Md.
Was perusing the internet for info on installing a wood stove and came upon this site. Wow, pretty impresive to say the least. I just wanted to take a minute to say hello and Introduce myself. I'm Gene from the Eastern Shore of Maryland (the land of pleasant living) and I am going to be installing a Waterford (leprecan) stove in mobile home so I will have lots of questions in the near future. Well I am going back to the forum so I can spend the next few hours reading some previous post. Gene

Welcome from SW Michigan where we are possibly expecting our first measurable snow of the season. Hope the site helps you as much as it helped me.

Welcome Gene :) You wont find a better bunch of guys and gals who love burning wood and willing to give a helping hand.

Another big welcome from Michigan Gene. Fire away with the questions. There are lots of folks willing to help.

Warm welcome from the Catskills of New York!

WELCOME! (Sorry, I had to shout because I'm clear over here in Oregon). %-P Rick

Welcome! I have to whisper because I am right across the bay from you.

No snow tonight. But it got down to 65 in here so something just had to catch fire an hour ago.

Welcome also from the stove nut in central Mass. You'll love this site!

BrotherBart said:
...it got down to 65 in here so something just had to catch fire an hour ago.

:lol: It's been chilly (low 60's) in the shop lately in the mornings (30's outside), so things seem to regularly catch fire in there these days. Gotta watch it, though, because this afternoon I'd managed to get it up to 84*, which is even a bit warm for these old bones. Had to go to max vent mode for a while. Rick

Welcome from Central Virginia where it's warm because I just installed my stove and am itching to burn so of course the weather is being contrary!

Welcome Gene.. I to am a nebee to the site. Not to far from you, just north of you in NJ.. I am also in the first stages of going the way of Wood for heat. I will be converting a masonry fireplace via wood burning insert.. Good luck with your project

Peter

fishrprice said:
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. I think I may be addicted to this site, was on it 5 or 6 different times yesterday...

It will get worse, trust me.

And welcome to the site.

welcome aboard the wood burner express...hope you enjoy as much as i have ,,,be careful ,,a few jokesters here can really make your ribs hurt..ha jags...its all good...ZZZim

Welcome from northcentral Pennsylvania. We are expecting snow tonight. It is getting cool around here mid 30's. Already burnt much wood at the cabin and home.

Status
Not open for further replies.