Good morning to all, had that first cup of jobe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

The wind shifted and picked up about 3:00 pm yesterday, a cool day as I worked. For the first time I felt that chill. I knew is was going to be stove time. I am preping out a side of a home to install a new bow bay window. Lot of work involved. and as the day progressed the tools were everywhere. I had to temporary button up the outside wall, then the long pickup. It seemed that the wind intensity was increasing and now it felt damn right cold. I picked up a few scraps of the driest possible lumber I removed and had instant kindeling. A bit cold when I entered my home, too many clouds for the normal solar gain and too many leaves in the trees blocking the sun. 63 degrees inside. No problem establihing the fire, cold outside about 45, and the formentioned kindeling ,was off and running. My wife arrives and noted that familliar smell in the air as she exited her car. By now the first small splits are coals and the stove top thermo is pointing at 400 degrees. Downstairs temps have risen to 66 and climbing. I load it up witha few more substantial splits and I watch the stove top thermo rise. The next logs take, I know it will not be long before I engage the Cat afterburner. This is going to be the first true test run of this Encore. Engaged a little before 6:00 pm. I added no wood and let the thermoaticaly secondary air take over. The stove evened off at 475 degrees and stayed there till 11:pm where I loaded it up some more. {Note never fully loaded the stove.} I am still breaking it in and still learning how to opperate it. Most of the wood I am using are cutoffs. I knew it would go out. What a pleasent supprise to feel some warmth this morning, when I passed by. Not hot to touch but still warm. I only lost one degree inside overnight. I do not know if it made the 30's here but it was 40 at 6:30 AM. Frost warning issued tonight.. Best part I get to do it all over again tonight

Dropped like a stone up here yesterday also..At 6 this morning was 27..Seemed like the dry poplar is lasting longer than normal...Two 7 inch rounds went in at 10 pm, no coals this morning but the stove was still warm..

Status
Not open for further replies.