Good news, bad news...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyFerret

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2007
Delaware, Ohio
Well, the good news is... we closed on a refinance this past week that includes the money to build a 3 car detached garage!!! Yay!!

The bad news?...

The new garage is going to go where all my firewood was stacked.

We spent a few hours yesterday moving the remainder of this years supply into the attached garage, and today moving next years supply to the back of the lot to get it out of the way. Yesterday was dry... today we got to work in the rain the whole time.

I'm going to hurt tomorrow!!

I still have 3+ (maybe as much as 4) cords of un-split rounds in the driveway for '11-'12 that need moved before construction can start. I think I'm going to wait until my dad's backhoe is here to move those. It'll be a lot easier to move the big heavy stuff with the front loader.

Once the garage is done, I'll setup my wood processing area beside it, and the new stacking/seasoning area will be behind it.

-SF

It sounds like you have been very busy. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.